Sunday, March 11, 2012

Paracord Fun


Well other than the outdoors, I love knives and paracord. I'm a big fan of taking normal stuff and wrapping it with cord. A big thank you goes out to Grog's Knots on this one and any paracord junkies out on Bushcraft for getting me started with paracord. Above is a paracord lanyard I made last year since my dog thought my old one was a great chew toy. If I did this again, I would have gutted the cord, but live and learn.



To the right is a paracord rescue bracelet I made. It has an ID tag on it as well, mainly because of an allergy I have that anybody medical should know of, and it looks better than the typical med bracelets out there.



To the left is something I got off of ITS Tactical's website, a paracord storage sinnet. Its a great way to keep your cord, but it does get somewhat kinked. And it takes a while to do this, but with practice it goes quick. You can find information to do this here.



The bottom right is a ridgeline I made for bushclasses at BushcraftUSA. That was a fun one to made, just a basic three stranded braid on this one, with a whipped end I ended up sealing  with paracord anyway just to make sure.

The bottom left is a paracord belt I made for backpacking, got a little carried away I know. It has over 100 feet of cord on it just in case I need it. Better safe than sorry.












Below this is a shot of my paracord wrapped Izulas from ESEE, yeah I caught that bug but luckily I stopped with these. Though I would love an Izula folder when they come out.



Here are some pulls I made for my father for his pack, I used gutted cord and glow in the dark skull beads, he is obsessed with them for some reason. Not that they are not cool but he wanted them on almost everything.






1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to figure out how to cobble together a paracord ID bracelet. I make and sell a lot of stuff but making an ID bracelet that looks good has thus far eluded me. Is that ID from something like a RoadID?

    ReplyDelete